There are many reasons why you may decide to renovate your bathroom. If you are looking to sell your home, a renovated bathroom is one of the easiest ways to add value to your home and can be done to suit any budget. Or maybe you are breathing new life into your current home!
Whatever your reason, it can be somewhat overwhelming. Many people don’t know where to start, what costs to expect, what they need to purchase, or what tradespeople they need to hire.
We can assist you to update and renovate your existing bathroom so that it is transformed into something stylish and functional. We can advise you at all steps of the bathroom renovation process, and furthermore, we work hand in hand with quality electricians, waterproofers, and tilers that can assist to make your dream a reality.
Why renovate your bathroom?
If you’re not sure if now is the time for a bathroom renovation, here are some of the signs to look for. Some of the most common reasons for a bathroom renovation Brisbane include:
- During a bathroom renovation, any leaky fixtures will be replaced, fixing any existing leaks.
- If you feel that your bathroom is lacking storage space, renovating is an opportunity to increase it and add storage that is both practical and visually appealing.
- If you have grown tired of the way your bathroom looks, renovation is the best way to give it a facelift.
- Bathroom renovations increase the resale value of your home, which is particularly important if you are planning to sell soon.
- There is a huge range of bathroom products available these days that can also improve the functionality of your bathroom.
- Choosing specific toilet suites, flooring, and windows can also improve the energy efficiency of your bathroom.
- Choosing specific products in your bathroom renovation can also make the bathroom safer, which is particularly important if you have young children.
- Bathroom renovations are also an opportunity to add your character and personality into your home or create a space where you can truly unwind and relax.
- Renovations can also ensure that your bathroom is properly waterproofed, which is a common issue for bathrooms that were installed during the 1980s and 1990s.
Why hire a plumber for your bathroom renovation?
Whilst you may be tempted to save a few bucks by completing your bathroom renovation yourself, there are many reasons to hire a plumber, and in many cases, it saves you money in the long run.
The most important reasons to hire a plumber for bathroom renovations Brisbane include:
- You avoid breaking the law since it is illegal for someone who isn’t a licensed plumber to work on the plumbing. This also means that your insurance won’t cover you if something goes wrong and you have done the work yourself.
- We have years of experience in bathroom renovations Brisbane which means we can offer you invaluable advice on all aspects of your renovation.
- The work will be completed quickly and professionally.
- We can identify any existing problems and issues with your plumbing as we carry out the renovation, and repair these.
- When you hire a licensed plumber they will get things right the first time, saving you time, money.
Steps involved in bathroom renovation
So you’ve decided that a bathroom renovation is the right decision for you. You may be left wondering: what’s next? Here’s a breakdown of the basic steps to bathroom renovation.
Step 1: planning. Determine exactly what you want to change about your bathroom and whether there is anything that you want to keep. At this point, you should also consider potential costs including:
- Waste disposal
- Tiling, painting, and plastering
We also recommend having extra money at hand for any unknown expenses that may come up.
Step 2: Hire your tradespeople. It is important to hire the right team to ensure that you get the bathroom of your dreams without complications. As well as the plumber, you may need to hire an electrician, a waterproofer, a painter, a builder, and a tiler. Ask us about the tradespeople who we recommend and frequently work alongside.
Step 3: Disconnection and demolition. Plumbing and wiring needs to be disconnected before we can do anything else. This should only be carried out by licensed, experienced plumbers and electricians. Next is the demolition phase which may include removing shower screens, fixtures, tiling, and floorboards depending on the project.
Step 4: Rough in. This is where your plumbers and electricians come in to ensure that measurements are correct and pipes are in the correct place.
Step 5: Installing your walls and flooring. This includes first installing plasterboard or cement sheets, followed by waterproofing, tiling, grouting, and painting. Always ensure that the correct professionals are carrying out this work to avoid problems further down the line.
Step 6: Fit off. The plumber and electrician will install and connect your fixtures.
How we can help
With many years of experience working on bathroom renovation Brisbane, we have the knowledge and reliability to help you bring new life to your bathroom with plumbing and gasfitting.
Converting old to new is what we do! Our tradesmen are well qualified in dealing with bathrooms in our beautiful older Queensland homes and all the quirks they come with. Turn your tired bathroom into something modern and magnificent.
Stuck looking for other trades to complete your ideal bathroom? We work hand in hand with quality electricians, waterproofers, and tilers that can assist to make your dream a reality.
Call Watermark Plumbing for fast, efficient service to renovate your bathroom. We’re a local family business so check out our testimonials from our happy customers.