Garbage disposal units provide a fast, easy, and hygienic way of disposing of your food waste. Whilst different units vary, they can generally handle most of your kitchen scraps and natural food waste, including:
- Meat scraps
- Coffee grounds
To use your garbage disposal unit, simply run the cold tap at moderate flow, and wash your food scraps down the sink. They are automatically fed into the garbage disposal unit, which grinds them into small particles. The particles are then run through the machine and into the sewer system where they can be converted into renewable energy.
Some benefits of using a garbage disposal unit include:
- Reducing the amount of plastic used to dispose of food waste
- Dispose of your food scraps in an environmentally friendly way, rather than sending it to landfill sites where it releases harmful greenhouse gases into the environment.
- Prevents food waste from attracting insects and other pests into your home
- Helps to maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen
- Reduces unpleasant odours in the kitchen
Generally, garbage disposal units require little maintenance. Here are some of our top tips to keep it working effectively:
- Once you have finished using the garbage disposal unit, run some warm water down the sink to clean the blades, and prevent jams.
- Never put any hard items down the disposal unit – soft, organic material only.
- If you have a large amount of waste, do it in stages to avoid jams.
At Watplumb we are experts in garbage disposal installation and maintenance, with plenty of experience with units all over Brisbane. We can install your garbage disposal for you to save you the hassle and ensure that it is fitted correctly. We guarantee to get the work completed efficiently and to leave the area clean and tidy.
If you experience any issues with your garbage disposal, it’s best to get it looked at by a plumber as soon as possible to avoid causing further damage. We’ve seen a wide range of problems and maintenance issues, so we’re confident that we can help.
No longer require your garbage disposal unit? No problem – we can take it away for you.
Call us now for all of your garbage disposal installation, maintenance, and removal needs.